Business Development and Practices
Oatlands Golf Club, Friday 12th August 2016
Danny Wotherspoon (Abel Ecology)
John Travers (Travers Bushfire & Ecology)
This workshop is to service those who are new to managing an ecological consultancy or considering the move from employment to self-employment.
- Business structure (sole trader, trust, incorporated company, registered business name)
- Minimum legal requirements for quoting (fees, scope of works, limitations, disclosures)
- Marketing (holding out, accreditation, qualifications, value for money, networking)
- Tendering processes and skills
- Client management and communication
- Fee collection and delinquent accounts
- The role and value of an accountant
- Document systems, records and management
- Financial issues (tax, superannuation, records, profit and viability)
- Employee support and management issues
- Role of your local Chamber of Commerce
- Intellectual property, security and copyright
- Use of copyright materials (LPMA topo maps, Nearmap, Google Maps)
1) Register and pay on-line below
2) Direct deposit payment and email your registration form to email@example.com. Details for direct deposit may be found on the form download below.
3) Post Cheques/money orders and email your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details for paying by cheque may be found on the form download below.
- Register early as places are limited to 20
- Registration closes COB 10 of August or when places are filled.
- Refunds will not be issued for a cancellation after the 5 of August